If you love Italian food, sooner or later you’ll probably want to try to cook homemade spaghetti.
The recipe isn’t long or too difficult and it can be a good way to startle your friends.
So, today, you’re going to learn how to cook homemade spaghetti.
Ingredients (4 servings)
– 400 g 00 flour
– 4 eggs
You can make half of the preparation of homemade spaghetti by hand and half by a pasta maker machine, or you can prepare homemade spaghetti with a pasta machine maker directly.
Let’s see both preparations.
1. If you want to prepare the dough by hand, place the flour in a mound on a clean work surface. With your hand, create a depression in the flour. Add the eggs in the center of the depression and sprinkle with salt. With the help of a fork incorporate some of the flour into the eggs. Once done, use your hands to combine the rest of the flour into the dough. Knead the dough for 10 minutes and form a ball. If the dough is too sticky sprinkle some flour on the work surface. Wrap the dough in a plastic wrap and let it rest for 30 minutes at room temperature.
2. Once time has passed, take the dough, remove it from the plastic wrap, and divide it into 4 equal parts.
Now it’s time to use a pasta rolling machine. There are many pasta rolling machines available at different prices. If you don’t happen to have one, you can get one with less than 50 dollars like this.
4. Sprinkle the dough with some flour and shape it into an oval shape. Then, place it in the pasta maker – make sure the rollers are set on the widest setting. Once the sheet comes out, fold it in half and put it into the machine again. Repeat these passages 3 times at least.
5. Then, cut the sheet in half, and sprinkle with some flour. Reduce rollers’ width and put the sheet in the pasta maker. Once it’s out, fold it in half and put it into the machine again.
6. Repeat passage 5 until your sheets are as thin as you want.
7. Repeat passage 4, 5, 6, with all the parts of the dough left.
8. Now, put the sheets you got into the cutting roller for spaghetti included in your pasta rolling machine and start creating spaghetti.
9. Place the spaghetti on a pasta drying rack and let them dry for at least 30 minutes.
a. If you want to prepare homemade spaghetti using only a pasta machine maker, I suggest you a machine like this.
b. Attach the special attachment for spaghetti to your pasta machine maker.
c. Place all the ingredients into the machine to prepare the dough.
d. Place the spaghetti on a pasta drying rack and let them dry for at least 30 minutes.
How to cook homemade spaghetti
Homemade spaghetti cook quickly. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and stir. As soon as they start to float – time changes from 1 to 3 minutes according to the thickness of spaghetti – they’re ready. Drain them and add your favourite sauce.
Original image by Divily