I tried this guilt-free chocolate cake some weeks ago, when in Italy we were forbidden to leave our homes – except for 200 meters walks, and very important reasons, such as buying food, and medicines or going to work.
During those weeks keeping in shape was very hard – the only “serious” physical activity I did was climbing stairs, again and again.
This was a problem because, you see, I’ve a sweet tooth, I can’t say no to chocolate, cakes, biscuits, etc.
And I didn’t want to put on excessive weight during the lockdown.
So, I decided to try a new recipe that I’ve renamed guilt-free chocolate cake.
This guilt-free chocolate cake is very easy to prepare and doesn’t require much butter and sugar. So, it’s perfect, right?
I’ll give you the recipe of the guilt-free chocolate cake written in Italian first, and then the one written in English.
Here you go:
70g cacao amaro
1 bustina lievito 16g
- Riscaldate il forno a 180℃.
- Imburrate una teglia rotonda di 20cm.
- In una terrina grande sbattete l’uovo con lo zucchero e il burro.
- Aggiungete la farina e il cacao setacciati e mescolate con un cucchiaio. Non vi preoccupate se il composto risulterà duro, a questo punto della preparazione è normale.
- Aggiungete il latte, poco a poco, e mescolate finché il composto non risulterà liscio.
- Versate il composto nella teglia.
- Cuocete la torta in forno per 32 minuti o finché uno stuzzicadenti inserito al centro della torta non esca pulito e asciutto.
170g pastry/plain flour
50g white sugar
70g unsweetened cocoa powder
30g unsalted butter
16g baking powder
Additional butter for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 180℃ (standard).
- Grease a 20cm cake pan with butter.
- Whisk the egg, the sugar and the butter in a large bowl.
- Sift flour, cocoa and baking powder into the bowl and mix with a spoon. Don’t worry if the mixture comes out thick at this point, it’s ok.
- Add the milk, a little at a time, and mix until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the cake pan.
- Bake the cake for 32 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean and dry.
If you like this cake, don’t forget to share e buon appetito!
Original image by pixel2013